Living Al-Anon Slogans: Take Care of Yourself, Do What's Best for You

Anxiety and I go back a long way. Fear has been a constant companion, if not a friend. Panic attacks have ruled me and fight-or-flight characterized my behavior. What terrifies me most is possibly displeasing others. I get physically ill if I think I've offended someone or not done enough for them. Consequently, "enabler" and "codependent" were my middle names. When I heard Biblical injunctions to give and serve, I thought it meant always and only me. I thought I had to give away myself. Thanks to 12-step recovery groups like Al-Anon, I use past tense. I am learning to take care of myself so negative feelings don't control me. Here's how.   Living Al-Anon Slogans: Take Care of Yourself, Do What's Best for You 

Pin with Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews